Tuesday, May 10, 2016

My Typical Vegan Breakfast

Now that I'm getting to a vegan lifestyle thanks to Freelee the banana girl, my main goal is to eat high carb and a low fat diet. Her Raw till 4 diet has helped so many people with weight, metabolic damage, and hormonal imbalance. It makes sense that eating whole plant based raw foods is immensely more beneficial than cooked, processed foods. You get the raw nutrients you need in whole, complete form.

I'm now on week 2 of the Raw till 4 program, and I typically drink Freelee's famous banana smoothie for breakfast.


I don't measure my ingredients, so I can't say exactly how many cups, tablespoons, or milliliters of liquid and solids I added. But I will try my best to explain:

5 bananas
about half a cup of coconut sugar (it might be more)
fill up until the banana pile in your blender is covered halfway with coconut milk
fill up the rest with water

Now, I know 5 bananas is low. I need to add more. 5 bananas was all I had at hand this morning, which is why I only added 5, and I'm slowly starting to get into eating more in the morning. I've been so used to eating less, counting calories, and restricting my calories, that I think my stomach is not used to eating so much. I'm slowly increasing my food intake, and I'm hoping I can eat 10 bananas in the morning one day. 

I can tell that I am losing weight. I know that in the very beginning of the program, people do lose weight. But depending on how much damage you did to your body with all the fad diets, there will be a period of weight gain. I am just hoping that I don't break down and quit this diet just because of a few pounds of weight gain. 

Another thing is, people forget that exercise is part of the weight loss journey. I've been biking to places I had to go, and it really helps pump the blood in your body, and even though it's a short bike ride, you still get the muscle training you need when you go uphill. My bike has no gears, so I especially get a good muscle workout when there's an upward hill.

The first step to a healthier future is moving your body. Do whatever it takes to get you moving. If it's cycling, try cycling greater distances to explore places you've never been to. If it's hiking, try going that extra mile to get to the top. Explore new places if you get bored with your typical exercise routine.

I want to recommend a good product line from Cotopaxi. They have the best backpacks you can find to use while you hike, cycle, rock climb, etc. They're very light weight, and have many useful compartments that can conveniently help store workout accessories that you'd take. There's a lot of designs to choose from, so take a moment to check them out. They donate a percentage of every sale they make to different organizations across the globe to advance health and other livelihood initiatives. So you know you're helping a good cause.

Let's keep continuing to work towards our goals whether it be by changing our diets to a healthier choice, or by taking some time to exercise. Hope you enjoyed my post, and I'm hoping to log my progress on here the best I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment