Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Week 3 of Insanity DONE!

Finally finished Week 3 of Insanity's workout calendar along with Day 1 and 2 on Week 4. I have never reached this point on the Insanity program ever. I always gave up after finishing Week 2 of Insanity because I felt my body was getting too exhausted. But I finally was able to keep it up, and now I'm not only done with Week 3, but I'm also moving along Week 4 smoothly. It's only been 3 weeks into the Insanity program, and I have to say that I am seeing results. I woke up this morning, looked in the mirror, and noticed my arms were slimmer, and my stomach seemed flatter than before. It's not perfect, but I can definitely notice a difference. I know that I won't see chiseled abs by the end of this Insanity program. A defined, muscular body is built with consistency and dedication. Diet plays a strong role in making the body of your dreams. I may be consistent with my workouts, but my diet is still in need of improvement. I'm still having a hard time cutting out those cup ramen noodles. I know how bad they are. They probably have lots of MSG, sodium, and preservatives that I don't want in my body. But I want to remind everyone that I feel taking things slow is what's important to a long lasting lifestyle change. I've tried changing my diet immediately on the spot, and it didn't last for me. I think what works best is when I slowly change my diet by replacing one food item with something healthier a day at a time.

I also want to touch up on something I learned by going through the Insanity program. There are times during the week (especially Tuesdays) where your body feels extremely exhausted and the workout videos just seem 10 times harder than before. When I say exhausted, I mean that your muscles feel tired, and they don't seem to be holding your body up in good form properly than before. This is the point when it's very difficult to continue the workout program. I find that when I'm put in this situation, I tend to feel this immense force of disappointment and discouragement. But just don't listen to what you're thinking. You might start to think that it's pointless to go on when the same workouts don't feel easier than before, but it's seriously all just in your head. Sometimes saying out loud, "I can do this!' can block out your thoughts. Change the way your head used to think into a more motivational, and encouraging thought process. It's ok if you have to go through the workout in lower modifications, or if you have to pause for a few seconds to catch your breath. You do get better regardless. I promise that you do get better! :) It might also help if you think of your daily workouts as time slots during your day. Instead of thinking "I have to workout for 40 long minutes?!", try to think "It's only 40 minutes of my day. Let's get it over with now!" Looking at my workouts as small portions of my day helps me to not get as intimidated to start. Hope this helps, and let's make our 2016 goals count!

No comments:

Post a Comment